Note: this biography may be incomplete or out
of date. Extension/update suggestions are welcome.
Tony Greenstein is purportedly an anti-Zionist British Jew.
He was among those who signed the "The RETURN Statement Against the Israeli Law of Return – For the Palestinian Right to Return" which declares
We, entitled to the privileges accorded under the Israeli Law of Return to Jews and their close relatives, declare our opposition to the state of Israel as a Jewish state and to the
Zionist movement. We call on our fellow Jews and their close relatives to join us in making the following statement:
- the Palestinian people, at whose expense the state of Israel was established and continues to exist, have the right to return, to self-determination and to their independent state on Palestinian
- the Palestine Liberation Organisation is the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people;
- the state of Israel does not represent all Jewish people, neither legally, morally nor in any other way;
- the Zionist structure of the state of Israel is at the heart of the racism and oppression against the Palestinian people, and should be dismantled.
- Francis Clark-Lowes describes in detail the tactics Tony Greenstein practiced to bar Gilad Atzmon from delivering a lecture in Brighton. Worth listening to.
- Paul Eisen, What is wrong with these people?, Arabic Media Internet Network (AMIN), 13 January 2007.
- Paul de Rooij, Beware of the snakes in the grass, Dissident Voice, 12 February 2008.
- Salaheddin Ahmad, Israel's hidden friends: Troubled misfits in our midst, Redress Information & Analysis, 1 January 2010
- Salaheddin Ahmad, Israel's hidden friends ramp up campaign to distract Palestine activists from core issues, Redress, 3 January 2010.
- An important discussion: "A debate between Tony Greenstein, an anti-Zionist ethnic Jewish activist and Gilad Atzmon, an ordinary Jazz musician" (10 June 2005)
Events involving Tony Greenstein
Opinions of PIWP editor(s)
Some of the various PIWP editors have their own
opinions about the person/organization described on
this page; they may not necessarily agree.
Any editor not listed below probably has no
strongly-held opinion on this person/organization.
Material in this database by Tony Greenstein
Number of articles: 98